Mothers Day Wreath
Tando Creative Wreath Kit
12x12 sheet of decorative paper (i chose 1 with music on)
asstd. Prima flowers
Rich Razzleberry inkpad
Gold embossing powder
Tatterd Florals Sizzlits strip die
Asstd matching card stock
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Stampin Up butterfly punch
Victorian Velvet Distress Stain
Viva inca gold in rich gold and pink
Opal Dust (Jo Sonjas)
Hazelnut paint dabber
cut n dry foam pieces
Glimmer mists pink taffy and irridescent gold
1. use a piece of cut n dry to paint the top piece of the wreath in Hazelnut paint. Then use a fine brush to paint all the edges inc the edges of the base. (ignore the 'mum' in the pic, i decided not to use it).
2. Whilst those pieces are drying, colour the chipboard letters with the distress stain. Coat each letter with crackle medium and allow to dry (I left it overnight). When fully dry, rub a tiny amount of Inca gold over the letters to highlight the cracks and edges.
3. Add a little Opal dust randomly on the top piece. Add pink Inca gold sparingly on a few edges using foam or a finger to apply.
4. Attch the the base piece to the decorative paper, I used glue tape and PVA around the edges sparingly. Turn over and use a sharp craft knife to cut round the shape. Spray with Pink Taffy and Irridescent Gold Glimmer mists. Dry with heat gun.
5. Stamp the flowers randomly in Rich Razzleberry ink, not reinking every time so you get some faded images. Then stamp the swirls in versamark and emboss in gold.
6. Glue the top piece in place.
7. Glue the letters in place and put to one side to dry. Use the distress stain to colour some book pages. Punch out 2 or 3 of each butterfly from the coloured pages. Use the sizzlits die with the card stock and book pages to cut plenty of flowers. Assemble the flower layers as desired and fix with a brad.
8. Arrange the flowers as desired and attach with a hot glue gun. Add in the buttons and butterflies to finish. I have added a metal accent from Idea-ology - Word Bands.
Altered Magazine Holder
wooden magazine file
Distress inks - Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Vintage Photo
Crafters Workshop Stencils - Mini Flower Frenzy, Mini Cosmic Swirls
Glimmer Mist - Moonlight
Stamps - En Francais (SU), Fancy Flourishes (Kaisercraft), Dragonfly (Magenta), Defined (Maya Road), Butterfly Words Background (PI Stic On)
Kettle Copper embossing powder
ink blending tool + 3 foams
embossing buddy (not essential but recommended)
2 sheets white A3 card
Red wonder tape sheets x2
Draw around wooden file, once onto each sheet of card. Cut around, leaving a small border on curved and shortest edges. Also trace and cut out fron and back panels.
Use blending tool to apply Bundled Sage, then Tumbled Glass distress inks. Blend well, build up colour by adding layers, rather than trying to use too much ink at once.
Place Flower Frenzy stencil where you want it, ensuring some of it is 'off the page'. Using the bleding tool with Antique Linen ink, use a twisting motion to apply ink over stencil.
Move stencil to a smaller area and repeat.
Repeat again using the swirly stencil and Pumice Stone Ink.
Spay lightly with glimmer mist, so that there are a few 'splats'.
Tear a sheet of scrap paper in half and lay onto card in V shape. Ink the En Francais stamp with Vintage Photo and stamp over the V shape.
Randomly stamp the other images, some in Vintage Photo, some in Pumice Stone.
Dry off the page with the heat gun, then sweep over with embossing buddy.
Stamp the dragonfly images in versamark ink and heat emboss with copper embossing powder.
Repeat on all panels, then adhere to file using sheets of wonder tape, cut to size.
1 at a time, ink each edge lightly with versamark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder and heat emboss.
That's it, you're done. Hope you enjoyed!