Wednesday 10 February 2010

A 'Fairy' Nice Look

Although I do like fairies and the whole magical thing ( I have an unexplainable passion for toadstools), it's not something I experimented with in craft before. I have long admired the type of stamps which allow you to create and build up borders and scenes.
These swirl and leaf stamps made a great vine-like border, my 1st go at this kind of look. The background was made with light coloured distress inks, with a touch of gold acrylic paint. I really like the lightness of this piece, I often find that this type of technique can result in quite 'dark' looking work. The fairy silhouette was the perfect finishing touch, giving a slightly 'woodland glade' feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Rach xxx