Monday 3 May 2010

Putting Those Inks to Use

I totally fell in love with that ink I played with the other day, so I decided to put it to proper use.
The ink is by Fantast/x and the colour is Platinum, stamped onto Bordering Blue using the Vintage Vogue set.
The ink is easily cleaned from the stamp with normal stamp cleaner. Use a sponge daubber to apply ink to stamp.
Sorry about size of pic, had to make it large enough for you to see the detail.
I made this page as a thank you gift for my mum. I'm going into hospital for a major op next week and she's coming to look after my 4 kids while I'm in and while I recuperate. She'll drive me nuts, but I love her dearly.
This is for you mum!

I made the frame by painting the deep frame with white acrylic, a couple of coats. Then randomly applying size (glue) with a dry brush. When the size is tacky, roughly 10 - 15mins, lay over sheets of metal leaf, smoothe down with a soft brush and then use circular movements to brush away excess leaf.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Rachel I'm sure your mum will love it. Did you notice that you can see your reflection in the glass of you taking the photo - it reminded me of a YBF clicp of a guy videoing something in his house and you could see his reflection in a mirror and he was videoing in the nude!!! Sorry just had to share that! and don't panic you've got clothes on!!!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Rachel. I have never before seen Bordering Blue looking so lovely!
    TFS
    Michelle
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Rach xxx