Sunday 13 January 2013

Off-cuts

Evening all ( I love saying that lol). Whilst sorting out my stash ready for a class on Saturday, I came across some chipboard off cuts. Each 5x 25cm all clean cut and nearly stacked, they were to good to throw out ( hence why I kept them lol). There weren't enough to use in class so I thought I'd have a play. I cut them down and painted them in Fresco Finish snowflake. (In my opinion of you want an even, solid matt finish, you can't beat Fresco Finish paints.) Anyway, I wanted to make a kind of whitewashed driftwood look, but quickly and simply. The easiest way I've found to do this is to use a stiff bristle brush and dry brush brown paint very sparingly over the white. This gives the effect I wanted.
I also decided to work outside my usual style (no florals!). I wanted to avoid too much colour. So this really was inspired by driftwood and old fashioned poison pen letters (too much Miss Marple me thinks).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Rach xxx