Monday 25 January 2016

Cake flop


So today is hubbies birthday. He surprised me by taking the morning off work, which was lovely. Did a bit of food shopping, then popped into town for some errands. But on the way back to the car, we found a lovely little tea shop which had a great atmosphere- very relaxed and bohemian.
Nothing like Earl Grey and cake!
Then we found an old fashioned sweet shop and spent a quarter of an hour wrapped up in distant, sugar dipped memories.

So , he returned to work this afternoon and I set to work on the obligatory birthday cake. I had this great chocolate indulgence picture in my head. - Well let's just say, I won't be appearing on Bake Off any time soon lol.
I didn't put both tins flat so the mixture in 1 all moved to one side. By the time I realised it was too late 🙄

So I text a friend who cheered me up by saying if I made perfect cakes as well as hand made gifts (previous post), it just wouldn't be fair! I think she was gently telling me to stay out of the kitchen lol.
I'm sure I can sort of rescue it with icing later - I hope - but it tastes good at least xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Rach xxx