Monday 15 March 2010

Todays Efforts

Well, today I had another non-cardmaking pupil for a quick lesson in Brayering and the Jumbo Wheel stamps. Although Brayering seems a simple technique, it can take some practice as some ways of using it are a bit tricky - (as I found out when my 1 st demo was a disaster - not good when you're supposed to be teaching it - LOL) Anyway the 2nd attempt was much better. We combined hills and mountains, with water effects and reflection techniques. The SU set 'Lovely As A Tree' (£22.95) is perfect for landscapes and brayered reflections. The ink pads (£4.25) are also great because the colour families are so well thought out you can easily blend the colours for a stunning graduated effect.
This card is way outside my usual colour comfort zone! I made it as an experiment, but have decided to give it to my sister for her birthday.
I also got her making the card I did the other day with the 'It's Beautiful' Jumbo Wheel (£7.50) The wheels are a perfect entry level purchase for those who feel a bit scared about stamping. It's so quick and so easy to create striking effects! (See previous post).

I just love the 5 petal flower punch, it's just so handy - I wish they made it in different sizes for really cool layering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Rach xxx