Sunday 30 October 2011

Bunting with a Twist

Last weekend I joined the team at Hobbycraft Chelmsford, along with 12 other demonstrators to celebrate the stores 1st birthday. I was there demo'ing the Big Shot die cutting machine. I had planned to make some halloween bunting, but due to my parcel from Sizzix not arriving in time, it only got half finished sadly. (The parcel has now turned up and it should mean I can finish the banner in time for trick or treating tomorrow evening).
Anyway......... this is what I did manage to finish on day 2 (shop was much quieter lol)






Apologies for the poor quality of the photography.
 To create this lovely 'vintagey' bunting I used -
the Big Shot (obviously LOL)
X-cut nesting heart dies
Patterned and Kraft card
Crafts Too embossing folder
Inka Gold paint
Old book pages sprayed with Adirondak Colour Washes and  Glimmer Mist mica srpays
paper roses, jump rings, crop-a-dile & glue.

I'm loving the inked and sprayed book pages and have several more projects using them in the offing. They are also something that it's handy to keep a stash of, ready to use in classes and demos' when space etc doesn't allow for you to make them up at the time. I loved spending a happy hour with pages spread all over the lounge floor (I put an old sheet down 1st LOL), just sparying different colours and inks and trying lots of different combo's. 

Here's a couple more recent projects....

You may remember last year's 'Truffle Tree's'? Well I had some oasis balls left over and an excess of pink paper roses, so I decided to make this for a friends new conservatory. Just needs topping up with those pretty glass nuggets.

Next comes the start of 'Curly Paper Wreath' I have all but finished this now but it did take the best part of a whole morning (spent sitting at the dining table listening to 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - happy days LOL). I like the effect butmy choice of contemporary colours does not lend itself well to Christmas and I can't see this being up all year round :0(
Well, that catches me up a bit I think. I'm teaching weekly at Hobbycraft Chelmsford still, next class Weds 2nd Nov 10am is The 1st Noel (see pic) drop me a message to book a space. TTFN xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Rach xxx